Forums » General Questions » I am needing help.

I need your help guys, in the stepmania 5 program I locked my self out of the options and I can't access the options in beta 4 and 2 for theme changing, can someone help on how to reset Stepmania 5!
You should be able to access the options by pressing Scroll Lock.
If that doesn't work, you can find your preferences in %APPDATA%/StepMania 5.0/Save/Preferences.ini and change the theme to default by editing that file. Stepmania must not be running when you edit Preferences.ini.
If your key mapping is messed up, you can delete Save/Keymaps.ini to reset it to default. Newer versions have an option in the debug (F3) menu for resetting the key map to default.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
How do i do scroll lock?

If you don't have a Scroll Lock key on your keyboard, you should map another key to the Operator button.
Since you locked yourself out of the options on accident, you'll have to edit Keymaps.ini manually. I gave the path to it above so you can find it.
The entry for the Operator button looks like this:
1_Operator=Key_delete

This example maps the delete key to be the Operator button.
There is a section in Keymaps.ini for each game mode that you have played, you'll have to set it for all of them.
--
--
Hey, thanks, really helped
can anyone PLEASE HELP I CANT FIND WHERE THE GAME IS IM IN THE FOLDER BUT CANT FIND THE ACTUAL GAME
Look in the Program folder. Someone decided to put it there over 10 years ago, and it got stuck.
You'll need to find songs (the songs forum here has threads with links) and put them in the Songs folder.
--
--