Forums » General Questions » Arrow flash disappears after 100 combo

I'm having a problem with some DDR themes on SM5. When I hit an arrow the target arrow flashes as per normal, but the flashes stop after I hit 100 combo, after that the arrows just disappear with no flash or anything.
It happens when I use any of the themes I have installed, DDR 2013, DDR 2014, & DDR NG. I've tried looking through theme metrics, noteskins, and checking for missing graphics but I can't even determine where the issue resides.
What version of SM are you using? If it's 5.0.8, are the arrow guides blinking?

Could you upload the exact noteskin you're using please? It would really help with diagnosing this issue.
I'm using 5.0.7.
Link to the noteskins.
In the metrics.ini for a noteskin, there is a section named "GhostArrowDim" and a section named "GhostArrowBright". "Ghost Arrow" is the internal name for the explosions that occur when the player hits a note. When the player has less than or exactly 100 combos, the GhostArrowDim commands are used. When the player has over 100 combos, the GhostArrowBright commands are used. (the limit of 100 is set by the Player::BrightGhostComboThreshold metric in the theme's metrics.ini)
Here's the problem: In the noteskins you linked, the commands in the GhostArrowBright section are blank. So they do nothing when you get over 100 combos.
You can fix the problem by filling the blank commands in the GhostArrowBright section with the equivalent commands from the GhostArrowDim section. (So "W2Command" in GhostArrowBright is filled with the W2Command from GhostArrowDim.)
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Thanks Kyzentun. I've been trying what you suggested, I found changing it around doesn't fix the problem, even copying the values in from midi-note (which works properly) doesn't work.

I think the original metrics look like they were set up so only marvelous triggered Bright and the others only triggered Dim, possibly to emulate DDR's behaviour?
Perhaps it's a problem withe the DDR themes I'm using, I'll try the noteskin on default SM5 theme.

EDIT: I've managed to alleviate the issue by setting the theme metric BrightGhostComboThreshold to 999999999. The theme I am using did not include this so it was using the fallback of 100. With the current setting I only see Bright on marvelous, and Dim on perfect/great/good, no matter what the combo, does anyone know what current DDR's behaviour is?

EDIT2: I just watched a video and it looks like the behaviour of AC is what I've got now, so problem solved I guess. Thanks for the help guys :)

Last edited: 12 June 2015 1:35am