Forums » General Questions » Changed controls, now can't control anything

I was trying to adjust controls in Stepmania options sometime months ago, and somehow I managed to mess it up to the point where I can't select anything. I thought a simple uninstall would reset the controls but no matter how many times I uninstall and reinstall Stepmania, my messed up controls remain, even though I've removed all the files from my computer. Any idea what I can do to fix this?
delete keymaps.ini

Work in Progress
Where would I find that? I've searched all the folders and I can't find that file.
Basically the problem isn't that I can't control anything, more like when I hit enter I can't select anything so I can't start game or go into options or anything :/
EDIT: Wow uh so I don't even have the keymaps.ini file that could be a problem

Last edited: 21 April 2014 7:07pm

try to look on the C: drive program files if the folder stepmania has been deleted, if not deleted manually. When you uninstall a program some registry keys are left on that folder, in other words your settings are not deleted by the uninstaller just in case you installed again
and then try to install the stepmania again
FIXED IT!
It wasn't in any of those folders, it was hiding in some roaming folder on my computer. I just searched for the file on the entire harddrive and it took a while to find, but eventually I got it. :) Thanks for the help!