Forums » General Questions » Timing & Statistics (Solved)

First of all, I'd really appreciate any extra tips you might have for me as a new player. (Note: I'm using StepMania 5.0.7 with the ultralight theme and default noteskin)

I came across Stepmania through some Twitch.tv players and I saw a couple things I couldn't find in-game:
*There were dashes (-) either to the left or right of a judgement call (Marvelous/Perfect/etc.) which I assume are timing hints as to whether you hit the key before or after ideal timing. Where can I enable this? I couldn't find anything related to it online or in the game options.
*The player had a small window in the bottom left which stated the amount of Flawless/Perfect/Great/etc. notes during the song. Where can I enable this?
*Does normal (as in not network) mode yield exp, too?

EDIT: The Ultralight Theme edit was a personal edit from Staiain and seems to be as stable as the unedited Ultralight theme, so I have no problems with it, but it seems to be for 5.0.6. (Download: https://puu.sh/en0dD/502a7b6588.rar)

I circled the things I am referring to.
(http://prntscr.com/7b8jwn since the formatting didn't seem to work)

If there is a preexisting thread, a referral would be greatly appreciated, too.

edit: version 5.0.7 not 5.0.0.0

Last edited: 5 June 2015 4:39pm

I'm not sure what theme that is, but a lot of them have it. CyberiaStyle definitely does.
About everything you mentioned: in StepMania 5, themes are able to do a lot more complex stuff than in previous versions. The default theme has none of these features/options.

The theme looks like a mod of ultralight, but I don't remember which one it is offhand (as there's a few of them now). (The original version of ultralight does not have all these features, so don't bother looking for it if you're expecting them to be there ;D)
More than likely, that ultralight edit you see people using is some half-assed trash with hidden errors all over the place.
You're better off using a theme that was recently made by someone who actually knows what they're doing, like spawncamping-wallhack (currently semi-unfinished and undergoing active development, but still usable) or Consensual (currently stable, but undergoing a reskin behind the scenes (on a different branch from master), and with a frightening number of options).
Any other themer that sees this thread and has those features in their theme should also post. These are just the first examples I thought of.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
More than likely, that ultralight edit you see people using is some half-assed trash with hidden errors all over the place.
You're better off using a theme that was recently made by someone who actually knows what they're doing, like spawncamping-wallhack (currently semi-unfinished and undergoing active development, but still usable) or Consensual (currently stable, but undergoing a reskin behind the scenes (on a different branch from master), and with a frightening number of options).
Any other themer that sees this thread and has those features in their theme should also post. These are just the first examples I thought of.

lolol, this reply made me laugh. currently downloading that spawncamping theme. looks interesting.

==EDIT
i tried taking some of the things in that theme and putting it into mine but it just didn't work. ill just mod his theme to my liking instead.

Last edited: 31 May 2015 10:53am

Why am I not running fast?
I have fast feet.
Is it because i broke them?
I have all these bandages.