Forums » General Questions » Can't figure out speed mods

So I've changed my mods plenty of times on SM 3.9.
After doing a bit of research, I came to learn that I'll need to find the "SpeedMods.txt" file in my SM folder...

I searched everywhere... (it's not in any of my "Program Files" folders either)
The game runs fine, everything loads without a problem.

Running SM5b3 btw

Last edited: 16 April 2014 4:00pm

Stepmania 3.9 isn't supported anymore, and their archives aren't compatible with stepmania 5 (i think...)

Greetings, minecraftfan
God dang it, that happens to me for just to dont read all the problem -_-

I think stepmania has a different organization... (In comparation with stepmania 3.9)
you sure you looked in the profile folders for it?

Also if you installed SM in program files do yourself a favor and install somewhere else cuz it just messes with APPDATA stuff

Work in Progress
I uninstalled and manually deleted everything to do with it, then installed to Documents. That didn't change a thing.

The file isn't in the Appdata or Documents SM5 folders.
Man, thats AppData, (i think) you have to use this direction:

C:\Program Files\Stepmania 5\

Suggestion: if you uninstalled Stepmania, you have to erase the folder of the archives, cuz if you dont erase or remove it, then the stepmania installer overwrite all the folders and doesn't do any changes
Man, thats AppData, (i think) you have to use this direction:

C:\Program Files\Stepmania 5\

Suggestion: if you uninstalled Stepmania, you have to erase the folder of the archives, cuz if you dont erase or remove it, then the stepmania installer overwrite all the folders and doesn't do any changes

There are no files you need to edit in Program Files, and it actually causes problems to install it there.

Anyhow, you can just make a file called SpeedMods.txt in the machine profile and put in whatever mods you want, it should be read by the game. I think it'll create the file itself if you create a profile in game (it'll be in localprofiles)

Last edited: 16 April 2014 8:41pm

As I've said, I wiped it clean from Program Files and installed to Documents.
I also made a profile as you suggested but all that did was make the same files I have in MachineProfile.