Forums » General Questions » Accessing live game data?

Is there a way to red the live game score or events on a person successfully hitting or unsuccessfully missing a step?

I am looking for a quick way to pull data out to use in an out of band application ( basically to control some solenoid valves behind some beer taps )

-openfly
Follow on question is there a way to keep stepmania continually playing levels regardless of interaction from user?
Exporting scoring data would work something like the "Now Playing" data in this thread. Stepmania would write to a file and something else would have to read that file and pass it to your special device.
On the Stepmania side, you'd have to create an actor on ScreenGameplay that listens for JudgmentMessageCommand, and uses that and the lua interface to figure out what data to write to the file. I can write up some example code in a couple hours.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
It turns out that the flush function isn't exposed to lua yet, so lua code can't actually write immediately to a file yet. Guess I need to go do that.

Anyway, here's the example code: https://gist.github.com/kyzentun/9648f9db958bd69db10c
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit