Forums » General Questions » Future plans for additional players?

Advancement really shouldn't be held back for a few people that hate change. So after 5.0.8 is released, I'm going to start work on N-player support. It's going to be a long time before it's functional, and a long time before someone makes a theme besides Consensual where it works, but I'm going to make it happen somehow.
I probably can't make it split stuff between two monitors simple because I don't have two monitors that work together like that. But I can figure out the rest of the problems for making N players work.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
nice bump

Last edited: 26 July 2015 4:39pm

Work in Progress
we are already working on it, feel free to help!
https://github.com/Highlogic/stepmania-event
Are you actually trying to make something that can be merged back into mainline stepmania, or are you just making yet another incompatible fork?
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
we are already working on it, feel free to help!
https://github.com/Highlogic/stepmania-event

Do you actually have any built exe file for testing? I tried to build it with CMake and Visual Studio (2013 and 2015) and didn't manage to.

How hard would it be to implement those two new functions (4 players, search) into Simply Love theme?
@kyzentun. we're trying to make it re-mergable back into main. we continiously keep pulling stemania 5's commits to keep it diverged as less as possible while still extending it with event-specific features.
althogh we do release our changes under GPL to prevent more closed source clones that only leech off other people's work without contributing back to the community.

Last edited: 14 August 2016 2:21am

@kyzentun. we're trying to make it re-mergable back into main. we continiously keep pulling stemania 5's commits to keep it diverged as less as possible while still extending it with event-specific features.
althogh we do release our changes under GPL to prevent more closed source clones that only leech off other people's work without contributing back to the community.

note that we can't merge GPL code, unless it can be trivially disabled at compile time such that you could make an MIT licensed build.

(also, support for more players changing the license is absurd.)

Last edited: 14 August 2016 10:26am