Forums » General Questions » StepMania 5.0.7 not showing up anything when started

i downloaded and installed SM5.0.7 and it starts up (i can hear music and inputs work) but i cannot see anything. the screen is whiteish/gray. how do i fix?
Why am I not running fast?
I have fast feet.
Is it because i broke them?
I have all these bandages.
This might be caused by your video drivers being out of date or something like that.
You could try setting your VideoRenderers preference by hand in %APPDATA%/StepMania 5.0/Save/Preferences.ini
Try setting it to "opengl" first, and if that doesn't work, try "d3d".

I'm not really sure what could cause this problem.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Well, i installed another OS so ill give this another try. I'll let you know how it goes.
I have fast feet.
JUST NOW-----
There was an error while initializing your video card.

Please do not file this error as a bug! Use the web page below to troubleshoot this problem.

http://old.stepmania.com/stepmaniawiki.php?title=Video_Driver_Troubleshooting

Video Driver: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.0)

Initializing d3d...
SetVideoMode failed: CreateDevice failed: 'D3DERR_INVALIDCALL';CreateDevice failed: 'D3DERR_INVALIDCALL';CreateDevice failed: 'D3DERR_INVALIDCALL';CreateDevice failed: 'D3DERR_INVALIDCALL'

Initializing opengl...
SetVideoMode failed: The WGL_EXT_swap_control extension is not supported on your computer.;The WGL_EXT_swap_control extension is not supported on your computer.;The WGL_EXT_swap_control extension is not supported on your computer.;The WGL_EXT_swap_control extension is not supported on your computer.

I have fast feet.