Forums » General Questions » Show Timing information on-Screen

I've seen Stepmania videos where there is a bar that seemingly shows the direction (early/late) and amount of timing difference between to the millisecond precise timing and the actual timing of the registered step. How do I get that to show?
Thanks.
It depends entirely on the theme.
In the default theme, it's a terrible looking distraction that is hard to read.
I think it's enabled in default by the Pro Timing option on the options screen.

In Consensual, I chose to use a simple rectangle that is colored by the judgment and either extends to the left or right of center, depending on whether the hit was early or late.

Most ITG style themes like Simply Love put a dash (-) before the judgment for early, or after for late.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Interesting. I looked but didn't see a pro timing option on the options screen for the default theme. Also, I installed the consensual theme and didn't see the bar there either.

Is there a way to have Consesual show letter grades in addition to the step stats by any chance?
In Consensual, the timing bar is under Decorations -> Gameplay Flags -> offset and requires you to set Options Level to at least 2 to reveal those options.
I have made two alternate grade images that I haven't yet packaged with it. sm5 default grades and simply love grades (the grades are white on a transparent background, so even though you don't see anything in your browser, the image is there to download). . The readme and the in-menu help should explain everything you need to configure the grading system.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit