Forums » General Questions » how did I become player 2?

(Note: I'm using a laptop.)

Today, I opened my Stepmania 5 and when I was at those selection parts before choosing a song, I saw that my profile was on 2P. I tried setting the profile to 1P but it still didn't work, so I deleted it. I tried to make a new profile, I typed my desired profile name and when I pressed enter, nothing happened, and that's when I knew my controls were on 2P. I also realized the controls became the 2P controls when I was at the song selection screen and the songwheel didn't move even if I was using the arrow keys (I use the default controls). I close Stepmania and open it again, nothing still happens. Can someone help? Thanks!
What theme are you using?
Check the Config Key/Joy screen to make sure the keys are actually mapped the way you think they are.

Don't delete your profile, deleting it won't change whether it's player 1 or player 2. Profiles can be picked by either player.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Today (after the day I posted my question) for some reason my controls went back to being P1 when I opened my Stepmania. Made a new profile and the controls for 1P work again. And oh yeah I use DDR 2014 theme.

EDIT: For some random reason it happened again. =P

Last edited: 1 April 2015 4:31am

The controls I use are default though. Think I'll have to deal with it unless something could be done.
If you have two pads plugged in, that could be the cause. Stepmania assigns the first pad to player 1 and the second to player 2, and if they're not always plugged in in the same order or the same slots, the other one might come up first.
--
--
If you have two pads plugged in, that could be the cause. Stepmania assigns the first pad to player 1 and the second to player 2, and if they're not always plugged in in the same order or the same slots, the other one might come up first.
--
--
No, I don't use dance pads, I only use a keyboard. Yesterday I was on 2P then today when I opened my Stepmania it's 1P again. Like for the first few times my Stepmania's opened on one day it's on 1P, then I close it and after a while I'm 2P again. The next day it happens like that again.
If this doesn't happen in the default theme, then it's probably the result of some weird bug in the DDR 2014 theme. I don't know how they could have screwed it up though.
--
--