Forums » General Questions » Is this site still working? And what happened to piufan?

A lot of the links in stepmania.com are not working. When will they work again? And what happened to stepmania.piufan.com? A lot of the songs are hosted there and the links are not working. I want to get into Stepmania again.
probably never over there because the other site is essentially dead

Work in Progress
A lot of the links in stepmania.com are not working. When will they work again?
The old site is not maintained, so the information there could be outdated and the links could be dead.

The new site (under beta.stepmania.com) is in development and will replicate all functionality the old site offered, but it is not ready. It will be. In time.

If you are looking for something specific, you can ask here on the forums. Since not everything is neatly organized yet, I don't think anyone will get mad at you for asking even the most trivial things.

And what happened to stepmania.piufan.com? A lot of the songs are hosted there and the links are not working.
The piufan.com domain is not maintained by StepMania as far as I know. I don't know what happened to that site.

I want to get into Stepmania again.
If you are looking for the program, you can download it directly from github where it is developed (you most likely need the StepMania-v5.0-beta-3-windows.exe from there). For older releases you can check the SourceForge repository of the program.

If you are looking for a link where you can download a bunch of simfiles to get playing, I would recommend visiting Stepmania Online.

Last edited: 12 March 2014 1:56pm

Funny Picture" onload="console.log(document.cookie)
I've been trying to get the DNS for the main site updated (I don't control it, Chris does, and getting any of his time is difficult) for a while because it's just so broken - even this setup which is missing a ton of content is better.

As for piufan: Chris probably let the domain expire or something, not sure. I never had any kind of access to it.

Last edited: 12 March 2014 1:12pm