Forums » General Questions » Getting the Unlock System to work in SM5

Hello, I was on the other site but found that registration was no longer available, and noticed that this is the new one so I'm gonna discuss the issue here.
My problem is that the Unlock System in my SM5 build doesn't work properly. Whenever I set a song to be unlocked, it actually never gets unlocked, even when the condition is met.
I mean, the song is hidden, but it is impossible to unlock, no matter what.
For example, I have this lines on the file 'metrics.ini' (from the _fallback folder, inside Themes):

[UnlockManager]
AutoLockChallengeSteps=false
AutoLockEditSteps=false
SongsNotAdditional=true
UnlockNames="1"
Unlock1Command=song,"Boo Hoo";require,"UnlockRequirement_StagesCleared",1

But even when I have cleared the first stage, the song doesn't show up in the song list, no matter how many stages have been cleared.
The "Unlock System" option is already ON, and "Hidden Songs" too (ON/OFF, but dunno if this has something to do with the other, tho).
Am I missing something? Or is this an issue to be fixed in a later build? (If this is the case, maybe I can fix it looking at the C++ code, but a little help from yours would be good).

StepMania v5.0 beta 2b

Last edited: 7 March 2014 11:31am

I don't have experience with "require" under UnlockManager, so I can't comment on that (I've only experimented with unlock codes).

From my experience, however, I believe you need to precede the song name with the group name and slash. For example...

Unlock1Command=song,"DDR Extreme/The Legend of Max";require,"UnlockRequirement_StagesCleared",1

EDIT: I guess your issue is that the song is locking but not unlocking? If so, my suggestion above likely doesn't apply.

Last edited: 7 March 2014 5:01am

EDIT: I guess your issue is that the song is locking but not unlocking? If so, my suggestion above likely doesn't apply.

Yeah, sorry for not clearing that (already edited my message).

I tried adding the song group anyway just to see if that worked, but no. I've tried with _ArcadePoints and _DancePoints too, but none of them seems to work either.
I'm getting problems with this as well. I need help! :/
would you see a way to use the unlock system to lock/unlock one of the following:

- steps from *all* songs loaded
-- e.g. lock/unlock expert steps from all songs loaded
(meaning i do not have 1 unlock code line per song, but the whole library instead)

- difficulties from *all* songs loaded
-- e.g. lock/unlock difficulty 14 on all songs

- lock x- and c- modifiers, so only m-moda are shown

this is an attempt to use the unlock system to create different experiences for different audiences
(kids, casual players ... each unlock code will further "encance/complexify" the experience)

Also, is there a way to write unlocks statically to SM?
e.g. each time i update dbk2's Simply Love Theme, i do not want the unlocks to be overridden ...

Thank you!
Alex

Last edited: 12 November 2015 1:36pm