Forums » General Questions » In need of a CF box or substitute

I've had a cobalt flux on the other side of the country for the last couple years that I've been wanting to have shipped to where I'm now living. I'm wondering if anyone has a spare box they don't think they'll need which I'm guessing is no by default considering if you're reading this and have one you most likely saved it in case you need it yourself. Does anyone have any ideas of what I could use as a substitute?
Had SO MANY people ask for CF control boxes that I now make them. They are listed on precisiondancepads.com under replacement parts - Cobalt Flux compatible control box. We can't ship these internationally we sell them to support the community, they are reasonably priced to cover parts and shipping mostly, I've sold over 100 of these in the past few months you'd think everyone that needed a CF box had one by now...
I'm looking for an actual box to ship my pad in, I already have the control box. I actually emailed you a few days ago before I made this thread but never heard back.
Your CF is like a tank, just ship it in a cardboard box. It will fit in a LARGE box at Home Depot. Just leave the box vertical, fold the top and bottom flaps down to make the box much shorter, then carefully slide your pad inside. When it's in fold the bottom flaps down and tape them closed maybe fold a flap under the bottom of the pad. Then raise the top flaps cut them short so that the box is a nice tight fit and tape the top shut.
Thanks for the reply. Is there a link to the specific box you're suggesting? I'm not at the location my pad is at and don't want to send my mom on a trip to go "box shopping" lugging that 50lb monster in store, if I can comfortably instruct or on what to pick up or even find it online all the better.

Last edited: 7 February 2015 12:35pm

A tape measure should be all that's needed to find a big enough box. The CF is 34" x 40" x 1" (not square to give some space for the cord). From there it's just a matter of finding a way to protect the cord from being mangled by the weight of the pad.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
It's 18"x18"x24" when folded in a cube, but when left vertical it's 36"x44", and when the pad is shoved inside some of that 36" will be used to fit the pad so it turns into a 34"x44"x1" box perfect for your CF. Be aware that shipping is a nightmare due to costs, USPS will charge an Oversize fee.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/The-Home-Depot-18-in-x-18-in-x-24-in-65-lb-Large-Box-1001006/202029359