Forums » General Questions » Problem with Stepmania Purchase

Hey Guys,

I have been trying for over 5 days to finialise my stepmania purchase as i paid for the cd electronic download, so the paypal purchase went thru, but when i go to follow the next step of the process of emailing orders@stepmania.com i get the following response from the mail server

This is the mail system at host mail105.syd.optusnet.com.au.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<orders@stepmania.com>: host mx1.sub5.homie.mail.dreamhost.com[208.113.200.127]
said: 550 5.1.1 <orders@stepmania.com>: Recipient address rejected: User
unknown in virtual alias table (in reply to RCPT TO command)

So I have activated a dispute with paypal to hopefully get the person attention to this problem, but now 5 days down the track there has been no action what so ever, I am 2 days away from being eligible to initiate a claim, as much as i like stepmania, the sites admins really need to sort out the side of the purchasing of stepmania, especially when the mail server stop working!
Ugh, I'm really sorry about this. I'm going to take that form down and contact Chris to get this resolved.

If this isn't handled soon send me an email (my username@gmail.com) and I'll reimburse it myself.

Last edited: 5 February 2014 12:17pm

Hi shake soda,

Thanks for getting to this in a timely fashion but to be honest I want what I paid for not to be reimbursed
there's still some sites I believe that you can just download the songs that are on the disk (I wanna say SMO maybe?), the CD is kinda old to be honest and not really worth getting at this point

Work in Progress