Forums » General Questions » Different difficulty for Player 1 and Player 2

Hi everyone, I hope this is something simple.

My boyfriend and I are enjoying our new dance pads with StepMania. But now that we're getting a bit better, we would like to dance in Endless mode, but I'd like to play on Hard mode, and he on Medium. I've gotten most of the way there, turning off fail, turning on event mode, etc, to allow endless play without interruption.

However, right now, when we get to the song selection screen, we are forced to set both people's mode to the same level. If you change one, the other changes as well.

Where can this be done?

Thanks!
Sandra
I don't think it's possible to play on different difficulties in Endless mode.
As a side note, if you have fail turned off, there's currently a bug that makes it impossible to exit endless mode without backing out. (meaning you get no score screen)
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Okay, I was wrong last night. There's a preference named "LockCourseDifficulties", but it's not accessible in the game. You'll have to find your Preferences.ini file and edit it to set the preference to 0.
Your Preferences.ini file should be in "%APPDATA%/StepMania 5.0/Save/Preferences.ini". If you can't find that folder, it might be hidden, or you might need to use Window's search thing.

< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Oh yes, ok. I've had to go into Preferences.ini when I change too many settings and no longer had a menu at the start of the game. lol

Thank you I can't wait to try it out!
Yup, that did it. Thanks very much!