Forums » General Questions » Songs get out of sync when editing them

If I edit a song and I click "start from beginning", everything works fine. However, if I click "start from this beat" or "play this section", it gets way off. It usually plays a part of the song that's supposed to come earlier, and it's not matched up with the rhythm. This is Stepmania v5. What should I do?
If I edit a song and I click "start from beginning", everything works fine. However, if I click "start from this beat" or "play this section", it gets way off. It usually plays a part of the song that's supposed to come earlier, and it's not matched up with the rhythm. This is Stepmania v5. What should I do?
Use StepMania 3.9 for now, report the bug so it can be addressed, and hopefully when StepMania 5 is finalized this won't happen.
Use StepMania 3.9 for now, report the bug so it can be addressed, and hopefully when StepMania 5 is finalized this won't happen.

You are so wrong it's not even funny.

LimeGreenTeknii:
The problem is that you are using a variable bitrate mp3. Use Audacity or something similar to convert it to an ogg and you won't have this problem.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit