Forums » General Questions » is there a way to mark a song as a favorite or to make a favorites list or something like that?

pretty much what the title says. i have 30+ gig of stepmania songs (not including vids) and sometimes in a random pack of garbage i will find 2 or 3 songs as i play on through that i am like "wow awesome" but then i dont want to quit, find the files, copy the dir to a folder called faves etc etc. especially since i am playing and i am in a groove.

so is there a way to do it?
I doubt that there is a designated Favorites button or anything like that. What you could do is when there is a song you don't like, quit halfway through it so it doesn't store a record of a score or anything. Songs that you do like you play them all the way through, and those will have a score. So when you look through the songs, just see if it has a score or not. Also, if you change the sort to Player's Best, that should have just the songs you have played.

Well, hoped this helped,
Darkanine

Check me out on SMO!
first, thanks for your reply, but that is not exactly what i mean.

i dont play for points or high score anyways, just to have a good time. but sometimes while randomy browsong thru my 1000's of simfiles i wil do one that i am like OMG THAT WAS THE BOMB! and i will wish that i had a way of making it a "favorite" so that across packages and directories and whatnot there would be a way for me to easily access those simfiles i like best out of all of them. i know i can do this with windows explorer, but when playing many songs in a long session on a dance pad, it is really not "in the groove" to suddenly exit the program and create a copy of the folder into a new direcotry called "favorites" or whatever.

i hope i was clearer!

thank you!
Well, there isn't a "favorites" that I know of. So, I am almost certain you have to move the file. You don't have to exit the program, just minimize it. Or have two windows at the same time on the screen, Stepmania and File Explorer. Copying or moving the songs while playing should not affect the game because I think when Stepmania loads the songs, it stores it in memory, so if you delete a song, its memory will still be there temporarily. So, I know this isn't what you wanted, but I hope it helped.

Darkanine

Check me out on SMO!