Forums » General Questions » How do I make a song preview in StepMania 5?

In-game editor, I've noticed that in "Edit Song Info", there is a "Preview" feature where it looks like you can put in your own preview file. So I exit the game and tried to put it to the test with a 7 second .mp3 song preview file I already have (Example.mp3). So through my instinct, I put a song preview file in the song folder I was editing, and because both .sm & .ssc files didn't have a code that looked like anything that said "preview", so I went back ingame to do it in Edit Song Info>Preview, and figured typing Example.mp3 and saving the song would work. When I was in the game play song list, I didn't hear anything when I selected the song. If anyone can assist me with this please, I would appreciate it.

Also, the reason why I made this thread in the first place because there is a bug in 5.1.-3 where I'm unable to properly sync the timing of the song, so that's why I wanted to replace the non-functional song preview, with my own song preview file. Anyways the bug thread is located here: https://www.stepmania.com/forums/general-questions/show/12126
Hoping to be more active in the stepfile sharing community... Don't know when that's going to happen. Find me on FFR, SMO, other social media sites by @Acela944