Forums » General Questions » No Noteskins error

I have not played SM in about 3 years and I have tried to install it again on Mac and it won't open. It immediately gives me a No Noteskins error. I tried 3 different versions and a beta version but they all give me the same error. If I could get some help on the issue that would be great! Thanks!

UPDATE: 5.1 won't even open for me. 5.0.12 and below give me the note skin error.

Last edited: 16 November 2016 1:45pm

Found a fix!! Turns out I had to select "Allow any" in the security options for downloaded programs!!
I've tried to do this, however, the only 2 options that allow apps are App Store and App Store and identified developers. The Allow Any option isn't there for some reason and because of that I have no idea to fix the "No Noteskins Found" error.
I have the same problem. there is no allow any!
If you can't find the "anywhere" or allow any option, run this in your terminal:

sudo spctl --master-disable

It will set the option manually for you.
Verified was receiving the same error trying to run 5.0.12 with OS X 10.12.4 Beta (dev), even with The allow any option set in the system preferences. I am on an iMac 5K fusion drive setup, not that it should matter.

Stepmania 5.1 (latest release from Oct) did open with no error.
www.stepmaniadirectory.com | StepMania Mac | Occasional Forum Admin | IRC: wtupyo
If you can't find the "anywhere" or allow any option, run this in your terminal:

sudo spctl --master-disable

It will set the option manually for you.
i did
it, but it isnt working

Last edited: 20 April 2017 8:58am