Forums » General Questions » Accidentally ignored an error, can't bring it back

I accidentally checked "Do not show this message again" when an error popped up on my stepmania chart (I'm using lua on it). How can I bring it back?

EDIT: A solution has been found. Saving for future reference.

Just fixed it by myself. You have to go to your Save folder (it's usually on AppData\Roaming\Stepmania 5, but it can also be on your main Stepmania 5folder) and open Preferences.ini, then remove anything saved under "IgnoredDialogs".

Last edited: 5 November 2016 9:52pm

~Santikun
Lua errors stopped being reported in dialogs over a year ago. Update.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
That is not the answer I was expecting.
~Santikun
Just fixed it by myself. You have to go to your Save folder (it's usually on AppData\Roaming\Stepmania 5, but it can also be on your main Stepmania 5folder) and open Preferences.ini, then remove anything saved under "IgnoredDialogs".
~Santikun
What Kyzentun was trying to tell you was those kinds of dialogs only exist in older versions of StepMania that are over a year old now. You really should update to at least 5.0.12 and you won't have these dialogs anymore period. They'll be displayed at the top in game. This is probably also why he said "Update".
4 panel and 5 panel player simfile artist.
What Kyzentun was trying to tell you was those kinds of dialogs only exist in older versions of StepMania that are over a year old now. You really should update to at least 5.0.12 and you won't have these dialogs anymore period. They'll be displayed at the top in game. This is probably also why he said "Update".

As much as I'd like to, I can't. I was particularly having this issue with STEP F2, a Pump It Up: Fiesta 2 clone. The theme is based on alpha 3 (or beta 4, I honesly don't remember) and is compressed on the .exe so people wouldn't add paymode or steal .ssc files and misc. Even if it wasn't, I'd still have to port the theme to the newest version which is a pain since a lot of the code changed since then.

Last edited: 8 November 2016 7:07pm

~Santikun