Forums » General Questions » StepMania 5 not running

Just as a side note, the error occurred even when I started the game for the first time
Yes, that is quite reasonable if you replaced the packaged DLLs in ./StepMania 5/Program/ with some you found on the internet.

I remember installing the x86 redistributable (2008) and the x64 one as well. Would that be the cause of the problem?
I don't know. As an OS X + Linux user, myself, I'm rather out of touch with everything Windows-related. Sorry.

Last edited: 15 November 2014 6:43pm

I don't know. As an OS X + Linux user, myself, I'm rather out of touch with everything Windows-related. Sorry.

OK, then.
Seriously? Anyone? Nobody in this very forum can solve this:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: StepMania-SSE2.exe
Application Version: 5.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 530bb887
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.3.9600.17278
Fault Module Timestamp: 53eeb4a3
Exception Code: c000007b
Exception Offset: 00098f05
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 4105
Additional Information 1: 1abe
Additional Information 2: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8
Additional Information 3: 1abe
Additional Information 4: 1abee00edb3fc1158f9ad6f44f0f6be8

Even the non-SSE2 labeled one doesn't work.
if someone at my job came with this issue saying he has been installing a ton of shit and dll's to make shit work, I would tell him to reinstall windows and then properly install the programs you need to run it instead of fixing a mess like that, throwing dll's all over the place geez
Its not a bug its a FEATURE!
That error seems to be caused by corrupt binaries, so either StepMania did not install correctly or (more likely) the DLLs you got were bad.
Grabbing random DLLs off the Internet is generally a bad idea.
I tried reinstalling stepmania, but it didn't work. What happened with the installation?
So far I have tried...
-Re-installing Stepmania
-Restarting the computer
-Installing Windows updates
-Installing in Safe Mode
but none of them seemed to work. I even did a system file check. It still said that ntdll.dll is the fault module.