Forums » General Questions » Weird accuracy settings or am I just bad?

Hey!

My name is Michael and I played quite a lot of osu!mania (also a vertical scrolling rhythm game) and DjMax Trilogy, and ive developed a very good accuracy in those games. I rarely get non-"perfect" hits on notes and stuff like that.

However, when I played stepmania today for the first time, I noticed that I am getting like 30-50% on all songs, doesnt matter if its LVL3 or LVL11 difficulty, i just keep getting "great" accuraces and almost NEVER flawless, or marvelous or however you call it in the game, i mean the highest accuracies. Why? Do I have weird settings? I have tried to callibrate the audio stuff in the settings and it doesnt matter if the offset is set to 0.009 or 0.030, still the exact SAME results during gameplay, which is very weird. Another theory is that the accuracy strictness in the other games I played was much wider and less hardcore so I got used to getting away with not having ACTUALLY perfect accuracy? But as I said, ive changed the calibrated audio stuff from 0-0.030 and i get the same results nonetheless. please help, I am loving this game and want to change to it rather than playing osu!mania
You are probably playing entirely visually and need to calibrate the visual delay. Hold F3 and use Y and U to adjust the visual delay.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit