Forums » General Questions » Help with arrow registration

Hi everyone.

So I ordered a PS2 to PC adapter for my dance pad and it does work and I love it.

But here's what's wrong, when I am playing the game, it doesnt register steps if I have another foot on an arrow. For instance, i'll be playing and my foot just hit a right arrow. I go to hit a left arrow but the left arrow won't register and it'll be right arrow. I'm guessing that since i have one foot on the right arrow it's registers as right. And it will not register double arrows either. I have a gamestop mat that I am using. It has a start and back buttons and the usual arrows and the buttons you'd find on a PS2/xbox controller (it's a mat for both systems).

What do I have to do to actually play the game? I don't want to have to keep bringing my feet back to the middle and stomping again since thats pretty hard to do on harder modes.

Please help! I don't want to go back to regular console DDRs after i downloaded numerous SIMFILE packs that took me hours to download and songs that I would never have imagined getting for a DDR game.
There is a dance pad code for some adapters: hold up start and select for three seconds or so and see if that works. I had the same problem with my adapter, but the code doesn't work on mine. If the code doesn't work, you can try mapping the X, O, /\, [ ] buttons on the pad to the arrows. So you could map X to up, /\ to left, O to right, and [ ] to down. But this can be harder to play with because the buttons that you hit are more spread out.

There are some other ways to do it that are much more complicated that I've heard of. But I've never tried it.

Well,good luck

Darkanine

Check me out on SMO!
There is a dance pad code for some adapters: hold up start and select for three seconds or so and see if that works. I had the same problem with my adapter, but the code doesn't work on mine. If the code doesn't work, you can try mapping the X, O, /\, [ ] buttons on the pad to the arrows. So you could map X to up, /\ to left, O to right, and [ ] to down. But this can be harder to play with because the buttons that you hit are more spread out.

There are some other ways to do it that are much more complicated that I've heard of. But I've never tried it.

Well,good luck

Darkanine

I tried the code on my other dance mat and it did not work and when i try to see if it works in controller setting it says device not connected properly and even if i press one button it will disconnect and reconnect and it will keep doing that if i use that pad. So there is no way i can put in that code now. The mat was working fine until I did that. I uninstalled the drivers and rebooted my computer and nothing worked. Now to even play the game ill have to use the other mat that doesnt have a select button and I still cannot press two buttons at the same time. And i refuse to play ddr with corner buttons. That is too confusing and somehow I know it will mess up the game and mat. lol but for the mat without the select button, the mat that actually works, says in controller settings if i press a button it works on the axis. idk the other one isnt working properly.

i dont know if i should just buy a USB mat that doesnt require a ps2 adapter and see if that works,

I have no clue why that something that should be so easy is actually difficult.

Last edited: 21 January 2014 9:04am

This sounds very much like the infamous Joystick Axes Problem.

As you might have noticed, this is caused by the adapter mapping the arrows as if they were arrows on a d-pad (where you can't press opposite directions at the same time).

There was a fix described on the old forums which worked for me with a few adapters. Some links in the post are dead, but I reuploaded them, because I'm a good guy. Let's see if you have any success with it.

Since this problem is very common for PS adapters, the old wiki page should be migrated, and autohotkey should be also mentioned on the new page, but the new wiki has some problems with user rights and only administrators are able to edit it, so it will have to wait.

Last edited: 7 May 2014 11:28am

Funny Picture" onload="console.log(document.cookie)
Im having the same problem with an xbox 360 pad that came with it's own usb adapter when I purchased DDR. The dance pad code does not work and I cannot find any other fixes than the code. When I test the input it says up1 and right are not mapped even though I mapped everything in the settings. Please help.