Forums » General Questions » How do I add songs to my game?

I've been doing a good amount of Googling about this and everybody says to download simfiles and put them into the "Songs" folder in Stepmania's directory.

Which confuses me, because I don't seem to have a "Songs" folder (I searched my computer and there's no such folder), and I also can't find any site that provides simfile downloads that doesn't confuse me. Based on the Google searches I did I found that people recommended "flashflashrevolution.com" which when I went to I didn't know how to navigate at all. All I could find was a song list, but the list was relatively small and I couldn't find a search option.

So, can anyone elaborate this a little? I'm new to this and any help is appreciated.
If you don't have a Songs folder, you can just make your own folder called Songs, then put it in the same place as all of SM's other folders (Themes, BackgroundMovies, etc). Then to add songs, you make a folder inside Songs (the song pack), and inside that one you'll put all your individual songs with their own folders too (so it goes /Stepmania/Songs/PackName/SongName/files). Most places where you download simfiles already have the folders made so you just put what you downloaded inside Songs.

I recommend zenius-i-vanisher.com for simfiles. On the site, click on the header, Games>DDR>Simfiles, then on the left sidebar click View Simfiles. Then you'll see some drop down menus where you can download any song pack you want. Click Download Pack, unzip, and put the folder you unzipped inside Songs and you should be good.