Forums » General Questions » PIU Delta V7 Massive Problem

So i recently reinstalled my OS and suddenly, problems happpened on my Stepmania:
1. Songs that have complex steps (Stops,Delays,Tickcount changes,etc) is broken i.e Ignis Fatuus Single 23 when the arrows appear on the screen and briefly disappears afterwards, it scrolled as usual. and many other songs.
2.Whenever i do anything on PIU Delta (Scrolling,Playing,Changing speed), this happens:PIU Delta Error

Any kind of help is highly appreciated, Thank You.

Note : Im running Stepmania 5 beta 4a w/ PIU Delta V7 INT Theme

Last edited: 8 November 2014 5:49am

Basically, that theme is full of mistakes because they author didn't know to check the error log (previously, all these mistakes would have been saved to a file and not shown on screen). They also didn't test it to make sure it actually worked instead of doing nothing. Talk to the author about fixing the mistakes and releasing a new version.
Could be anywhere from 2 to 20 hours of work, depending on how many mistakes there are throughout and whether any of them are actually complex (all the ones shown look trivial to fix).
The error log was put on screen to help/force themers to fix their mistakes to improve stability and get rid of the problems where something doesn't work and nobody knows why. The downside is that nearly every theme is full of these mistakes and they need to be fixed to make the theme actually work.

Here's what I can tell about their mistakes from the screenshot:
They have a difficulty display that fetches the current steps and tries to display stuff. But since the steps are nil when the music wheel is on a folder, it displays the wrong thing (probably stays stuck on the steps from the last song that was selected).
Next are calls to "GetXMod", which was removed months ago because it was part of a set of functions that caused crashes.
Then there are two typos of "shadowlength" as "shadowlenght", which should have made the author wonder why their visual effect wasn't working.
Apparently they're trying to display a high score list, but didn't know that the chart needs to be passed so Stepmania will know what high score list the theme wants.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
But what can i do to stop it from appearing on my screen? its really annoying
before i reinstalled my OS,the theme was working perfectly and the simfiles are fine
Use a theme that was made correctly in the first place. All of the things shown in your screenshot are things that would have been evidently broken in every version of SM5, to someone watching the elements on the screen to see that they didn't do the right thing sometimes.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit