Forums » Chit-chat » How active would you consider me to be

AFAIK my body is fine so idk, I'm just used to it by now.

I used to get some pretty hype blisters back in the day but that was more from not wearing shoes heh

Work in Progress
I tend to go about 8 hours a session
In my experience the 2 things you need to improve in stepmania is

• Skill
  • Stamina

If you have too little skill for your stamina, you break no sweat in songs you can do, but if you try harder songs, you fail to mentally process the patterns and fail to react to the arrows properly. You can try to compensate a little with stamina but that usually ends up in furious stomping. You can improve your skill for example by learning a tricky song you can't do: analize and learn the patters until you understand how to step them. A lot of thing you learn this way will come instinctively in other songs later. Like crossovers, jacks and similar stuff.

If you have too little stamina for your skill, you can do short and very hard songs, but if a song is longer, you start by owning it, then your legs/lungs give in in the middle and you fail. If you have more skill you will use up less energy because you make less unnecessary moves, but there is a limit to that. To improve your stamina you need long sessions of songs you can do. The harder the better of course, but the constant strain that your body "gets used to" is more important than short surges of extreme patterns.

Since you seem to have stamina in abundance, so you might need to try to do more difficult songs than you are currently doing. Improve your skill until your stamina becomes the factor holding you back.

Last edited: 14 February 2014 12:11am

Funny Picture" onload="console.log(document.cookie)
If you have too little skill for your stamina, you break no sweat in songs you can do, but if you try harder songs, you fail to mentally process the patterns and fail to react to the arrows properly. You can try to compensate a little with stamina but that usually ends up in furious stomping. You can improve your skill for example by learning a tricky song you can't do: analize and learn the patters until you understand how to step them. A lot of thing you learn this way will come instinctively in other songs later. Like crossovers, jacks and similar stuff.

Sounds like me in a nutshell, specially with DDR. Pre X, I could do 7 and 8 footers with ease. 9 Footers were always a mixed bag for me depending on what the groove radar showed. If it's a "streamy" 9 footer, then I'm capable of doing it. It's when theres alot of "chaos" (and sometimes "voltage") that things get a bit tricky for me, and my stamina starts to deplete a little more than usual. So Deep (Perfect Sphere Remix) is a perfect example of this. Sometimes I can clear it just fine, but other times I'd have to give up near the end cause the middle part took too much out of me (but then again i guess that also depends on what previous songs I was playing before that one).

One day i decided to challenge myself to attempt to do MAX300 on my DDRMAX game, so I went to training mode and set the song speed to 1 (5 being the normal setting), which brought it down to around 180 BPM. I cleared it with no problem. I got to about speed 3 before calling it quits, which made me realize that it wasn't the chart itself that was hard, but the 300 BPM speed that made it super tough for me
"If you have too little stamina for your skill,"

That's my problem. My stamina sucks badly... I do have the skill but my body just can't handle it. :\

~ SpoOkyMagician
"You don't have to understand me; I'm just there!" ~ SpoOkyMagician
I typically play 60-90 minute sessions, every other day. A lot of the time I'm dead tired by the 30 minute mark.