Forums » Chit-chat » Song Pack Suggestions Please?

I'm no demon at this stuff. I do PIU[1] and I have a soft pad from the PS2 version of Exceed. In my prime I could do like, level 9s at the most. It's been a few years since I was regular so I'm down to like, level 4-5 and such while I work my way back up in practice and bodily form.

I'm getting pretty damn annoyed at downloading tens of gigabytes of song packs that are supposed to be "pad" and "for beginners", only to find them full of this. I swear I've downloaded and then trashed 25+ gigs of packs in the past 3 days 'cause all these "pad" packs and even some packs that advertise themselves for beginners or normal players are just full of that stuff instead. Even a forum listing in the smonline forums which tries to specifically mark packs with multiple difficulties and such is apparently just taking the author's word for it or something because half of those starred ones have this same problem.

So... can anybody recommend some packs that actually have songs with multiple difficulties and start at actual low ranges to accommodate beginners and warming up? I prefer "western-hemisphere" music (though some anime and techno is acceptable of course, this being the rhythm game community). One example I really like is the Spiers' Mix packs. Those focus on something other than just noise[2] and actually have multiple difficulties, but of course are limited in number and I want more.

Or is there a certain key word or categorization that might help me find what I want?

[1] - Stepmania's auto-gen is actually interesting, kudos to whoever did it 'cause it seems they have a grasp on movements and the concepts involved.
[2] - I feel old typing that. What I mean is that a lot of the songs I see in various packs are just... noise. Bad techno/trance/whatever.

Last edited: 7 January 2015 1:20am

DDR Encore has full difficulties in that range.
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/viewsimfilecategory.php?categoryid=622
http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/viewsimfilecategory.php?categoryid=764
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit