Forums » News » HAPPY 10th ANNIVERSARY OF STEPMANIA 3.95 EVERYONE!!!

Since 19th June 2005, Stepmania 3.95 has enriched the lives of over 9,999 stepmania players around the globe - players and developers alike - with features such as 717x616 resolution support, the goodest default theme and noteskin, and GLORIOUS XML BGanimations!

Stepmania 3.95 has also been an absolute haven for developers of both themes and gimmick simfiles, providing HOURS of fun when creating even the most simple things that you just don't get with any other version of stepmania - you just don't know what that WaCkY stepmania engine will do next!!! What will happen when you pick that option in the edit menu? WHO KNOWS! Fun for the whole family guaranteed!

And not only that, but making a cool gimmick simfile in stepmania 3.95 renders you a PRO! Why use something easy and BORING like stepmania 5 where everything's pretty much done for you, when you can be a REAL MAN like the machine code programmers of the past and write your code in the number one programming language - XML!

So let's all raise our glasses to ten years of the greatest version of Stepmania ever to exist - Stepmania 3.95!
9,999 players is actually a low estimate. 5.0.7 has had ~70k downloads. 5.0.6 had ~50k. 5.0.4a (beta 4a) had ~65k. 5.0.3 (beta 3) had ~430k (wtf? No, I don't know why it's so much higher).
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
if only I didn't know that sarcasm on the internet doesn't work :(
wat
Its not a bug its a FEATURE!
Beta 3 was the best
Why am I not running fast?
I have fast feet.
Is it because i broke them?
I have all these bandages.
Beta 3 was the best
only if you've never used newer.
Beta 3 was the best

True, I prefer Beta 4/4a now because it fixed the Japanese error and etc.
Why am I not running fast?
I have fast feet.
Is it because i broke them?
I have all these bandages.
Beta 3 was the best

True, I prefer Beta 4/4a now because it fixed the Japanese error and etc.

why in the hell would you be using betas when the game has been stable for the last 5 releases? Upgrade to 5.0.10 already.