Forums » News » Translation request

Consider tonight the deadline
(midnight, UTC -7, 12 hours after this edit)
Sometime tomorrow afternoon the devs are going to put together the builds for the different platforms so they'll be ready for the release on Saturday. Any translation that isn't in by then will have to wait for the next release.

The next release is coming soon, and there are some strings that need to be translated for each language.
I have put together lists of what needs to be translated for the _fallback and default themes in two zip files.
_fallback_languages.zip
default_languages.zip
The list of what is missing from each language is in "<language>_missing.ini", where "<language>" is the name of the language. So the strings that are missing from the Polish translation are in "pl_missing.ini".
Strings that are (probably) unused are in "<language>_unused.ini". This assumes that anything not in the English language file is not used.

List of languages with existing translations:
English (en.ini)
Spanish (es.ini)
Japanese (ja.ini)
Dutch (nl.ini)
Polish (pl.ini)

If you can provide a fluent translation of the missing strings for a language, please do so, and your name will be added to the credits under the list of translators. You can submit the updated language file either by opening a pull request or issue on Stepmania's github page or by posting a link to it in this thread.

Jarosław Pietras is currently handling the Polish translation.

If you are a themer and you wish to know what strings in your personal theme need to be translated, the lua function for generating the lists is in _fallback/Scripts/find_missing_lang_strings.lua (as of 5 minutes ago, you'll have to download it from github and add it to your local copy) and you just need to call the lua function with the name of your theme and the name of the language file that is a complete translation, like this:
find_missing_strings_in_theme_translations("default", "en.ini")

Last edited: 12 February 2015 11:53am

< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
When is the deadline for this?
Since im trying to improve the spanish translation...
I'm just a simple Stepfile creator and Animator.
My channel
The 12th of February, then we put together the builds for platforms and release on the 14th.
--
--
Ok. 12 of february.

Here are the Spanish translation files

es.ini

es_missing.ini

es_unsused.ini

-----------------------------------------------------------Edit---------------------------------------------------------------

I saw some strings in es.ini that were not translated, so i fix it as fast as i could. :)

------------------------------------------------------Another Edit---------------------------------------------------------------

Do you need the 3 files "es.ini, es_missing and es_unused.ini"? because im uploading the unsused one, but dropbox its not letting me upload it,

Last edited: 7 February 2015 9:38pm

My channel
That looks like the translation for the default theme, are you planning to translate the _fallback theme as well?

The strings in es_missing.ini are actually strings that should be added to es.ini. They're not meant to be two separate files. es_missing.ini is provided so that you don't have to carefully comb through es.ini and compare it to en.ini to figure out what has not been translated.

es_unused.ini is a list of strings that can probably be safely removed from es.ini because they are probably not used by Stepmania anymore.

Last edited: 7 February 2015 9:41pm

--
--
That looks like the translation for the default theme, are you planning to translate the _fallback theme as well?

The strings in es_missing.ini are actually strings that should be added to es.ini. They're not meant to be two separate files. es_missing.ini is provided so that you don't have to carefully comb through es.ini and compare it to en.ini to figure out what has not been translated.

es_unused.ini is a list of strings that can probably be safely removed from es.ini because they are probably not used by Stepmania anymore.

Like this?

es.ini (Updated).

Spoiler (click to view)(Also i changed my pictureto the one i use in StemaniaOnline)

Im also thinking to translate the _fallback too, but since i never saw that code before, im not too sure if i will translate it. I´l just gotta see the code.

- Edit - (This time im not gonna use the rainbow thing)

since

[ScreenStageInformation]
HelpText=

[ScreenGameplay]
HelpText=

dosn´t have text, i dint know where are located those two. So i just left them in blank. (Just to let you know if you look to the file.)

Last edited: 7 February 2015 10:14pm

My channel
Like this?
es.ini (Updated).

Yes, like that. Thank you.

[ScreenStageInformation]
HelpText=

[ScreenGameplay]
HelpText=

dosn´t have text, i dint know where are located those two. So i just left them in blank. (Just to let you know if look to the file.)

Those are also blank in en.ini, so just leave them blank in es.ini.
--
--
Like this?
es.ini (Updated).

Yes, like that. Thank you.

[ScreenStageInformation]
HelpText=

[ScreenGameplay]
HelpText=

dosn´t have text, i dint know where are located those two. So i just left them in blank. (Just to let you know if look to the file.)

Those are also blank in en.ini, so just leave them blank in es.ini.

Also, just to ask, can i add something in to the Docs page?
im getting something for the SM3.0 wich is located.
and it looked kinda bad.

was not very good at exporting DWI files with hold notes (Like that´s it?!)

so if i was able to edit that page into something more informative, it could looked more nice.
Something like this.
Spoiler (click to view)Stepmania 3.0

The first version of Stepmania to include the grafical interface that we know in 3.9
In this version they are some similarities with 3.9, like the Title, Option and Song Select screens.
The difficulty was also different. it was very varied to be at 4 or 3. Also in the settings, the movement and scroll speeds
were the same in 1.64.
The judgement is the same in 1.64 just with a different font for the combo.
At the Mode selection screen, the Magic Dance was not implemented.
Also, the song options were the same in 1.64, just with a few minor tweaks.
The creation of the notes, was different. It implemented a style of notes that consisted of four frames of the noteskin. All in color grey.
Then the colors were created by simple file that is with the extention ".colors".
Also, you were not able to insert a noteskin separatedly, you had to make the noteskin, then apply the colors for every single noteskin in the pack.
Just like it look in the noteskin selector in the Appearence options. Some themes included the theme that at the same time, applied the pack of noteskins.
The same thing happened with the announcers.
Some rolls that are in a song, that is not suported for 3.0 will actually be converted into steps. Only that in a really bad style.

just saying. :/

Last edited: 7 February 2015 10:39pm

My channel