Forums » General Questions » Stepmania scores not saving

Hey everyone,
My first post here.

I need help here, my Stepmania scores are not saving.
I'm playing Pump It Up mostly on my Stepmania games.

Ok, here's the case. I have 3 Stepmania games installed on my PC: Stepmania 3.9 (works perfectly), Stepmania AMX (scores not saving), Stepmania 5 with several themes
First of all, Stepmania AMX.
This version works perfectly fine with everything, except saving scores. My temporary solution right now is making screenshots of every score I get.
I use my SM AMX with a custom Pump It Up Fiesta 2 theme.
When I play a song and it's finished, I can see the score. I can press Esc and go back to the main screen. If I go the song choice list again, my scores are still there (after playing).
Now when I fully quit the game and start it again next time, the scores are gone again, back to 0.
I tried using a Profile, but it made no difference. It only saves my name and next time I start it's on the song I played last time.

Second up is Stepmania 5.
I use 3 different themes with SM5. Pump It Up Fiesta EX 2011, Infinity and Fiesta 2.
When I only had the Fiesta 2 theme installed. It saved all my scores, when pressing Esc it also said Saving... on the screen. With other themes installed, it doesn't save correctly anymore.
Then I have Fiesta EX 2011. The same story as SM AMX. All my scores save, until I quit the game and start it again next time.
Finally for the Infinity theme. On this one only a few songs save their scores, but most of them don't. Also on this one when I press Esc is says Saving, even though it doesn't do it correctly.
I tried using Profiles for each one of this themes, but no difference.

Can you guys help me out? Why are my scores not saving?
It's bothering me. Making screenshots of every song I play is working, but not handy at all.
Do scores save when you use the SM5 default theme?
Yes, with the default theme my scores save.
Where did you get these pump themes and exactly what version of SM5 are you using?
I want to do a bit of investigating to see if it's a general mistake in the themes, or some strange problem only you have.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
I mostly found my themes through YouTube, so I could see how it looks like in advance.
- Fiesta 2 AMX from here http://youtu.be/xlXiJ0TIN_U and ShaneRed blog
- Fiesta 2 SM5 by MIKEPUMP
from Mike Pump or ShaneRed blog
- Infinity
https://mega.co.nz/#F!3w0RBSBa!zMsOcYDKIzHL4A78VgMtJQ
- Fiesta EX 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJQVJcwkHao (many links)
Infinity and Fiesta EX 2011 came from a full download package, including songs and more. Not 100% sure anymore where I got the first 2 themes from.
I had a hard time finding all of these themes and songs.

Especially try the AMX version, because that one doesn't even save with the default theme. And that version is my favorite in my opinion (stable, works with every song, fastest loading, no small buttons like SM5).
Thanks for checking it out for me.

Last edited: 22 November 2014 11:36am

Well, I can't help with an SM AMX problems. I only help with problems with the newest versions of SM5.
The Inifnity package looks like an older version of SM5 bundled with a theme. They have a link to their facebook page embedded in the theme: www.facebook.com/PiuInfinitySM5Theme
Since it's not recent SM5 (the build says June 2013, beta 4 was October), it's most likely a bug in that specific version. You'll have to contact them to see if they have a fix for the problem, or an updated version of the theme that works on SM5 beta 4.

PS: I found it hilarious when I saw that the Infinity bundle had a crashinfo.txt in it,
--
--
Yeah I see.
Well, I can't really help that. The Facebook page is not existing or out of order.
From the 4 themes, Infinity still saves the scores of a few songs though.
I think overall one theme can be bugging all the scores. Just not sure which one. Does it make a difference that I have 3 different Stepmanias installed on my PC?
Well, it sucks that the people who made the theme abandoned it and disappeared.
Since SM AMX is your favorite, dig the through the files in it and see if you can find some way of contacting the author of SM AMX for help.

Another option would be to use SM5 beta 4 with the default theme that comes with it. I know this will save scores, but I assume you won't want to do it.
I haven't tried the Fiesta EX 2011 on SM5 beta 4, but I'm going to assume it won't work on beta 4. When I tried the Infinity theme on beta 4, it had some mistakes and didn't work for me. (though I stopped investigating after only a couple minutes because I didn't want to remap my keybindings for pump mode, and the first mistake I found seemed a clear indicator that the rest would be too full of mistakes to use)

Or you could try SM5 beta 4 with a custom theme. The downside of this is that anything that doesn't have "SM5 Beta 4" in the "SM Version" column is likely too loaded with mistakes to be usable, and that cuts out the PIU imitation themes. But the other themes should also work in the pump game mode.
--
--