Forums » Chit-chat » How active would you consider me to be

I do songs on Difficult/Expert for about half an hour a day on DDR Supernova and its sequel most of the time.

On a scale from sedentary to athlete, how active would you honestly consider me to be?

I need it to fill out a fitness survey.

Thanks.

Last edited: 9 February 2014 2:47pm

Half an hour a day is ok for someone that's just starting DDR, but you might wanna crank up the time spent if you wanna be on an "athlete" level. When i used to play DDR Religiously on the weekends, i would always shoot for 2 hours whether it was at an arcade or at home. I wouldn't say you're "sedentary" though... at least you make an effort to move around everyday, so I'm gonna say you're a level or two above that

If you're playing the home versions of SN1 and 2, I'd suggest using workout mode... it'll show you how much calories you've burned for whatever song you play on. I did that once on DDRMAX, and it compared it to stuff like "how many times i would need to jump rope to achieve how much calories I burned" or something like that. At least you'd have the numbers to back-up your research
half an hour isn't really a lot, for comparison I tend to go about 8 hours a session when I play

Work in Progress
half an hour isn't really a lot, for comparison I tend to go about 8 hours a session when I play
8 hour sessions? That's insanely long.

Half an hour a day is decent. I consider a good session around 1.5-2hrs, a long one at 4+.
I'm not gonna lie and say I probably do have longer sessions than most people lol

half an hour though is like, 10-15 songs though and idk I find that kinda small I guess.

Work in Progress
If we're talking about people that get outside once in a while, I'm pretty sure 30 minutes to an hour a day of DDR is about what's recommended for the majority of people to get fitness together...and typically that's on the lesser difficulties. You're probably doing just fine if that's what this is about.

For those that are in the arcades a lot, then yea, that's going to look small. I remember being one to be at that or at least on pad for hours at a time when I was big on it but the majority of people that are trying to get fit won't really need much more than that a day. After a while, you get used to the burn because you learn how to move less.
30min/day is 3.5 hours a week. In terms of total time that's, eh, decent, but IMO the short bursts will hurt you stamina-wise. I do 2 hours a day, 3 days a week.
Half an hour on standard/heavy sounds about right to me. I play lighter on pad but longer. Minimal on pad, 1 hour; Max 2 hours. (Light/Medium with a heavy sometimes.) Honestly, you should start out light and work your way up. (if you don't already do so.) Once your nearing the end, go back to medium/light to cool down/relax the body/muscles. That's what I usually do.

edit: @SM MaxX Yep, you hit the nail on the head. I always find myself stage 25-30 after each hour. Also, my two ddr mixes roughly add up to 25 minutes. (interestingly there are 15 songs in each of them.) So, you are pretty close. The only factor is breaks and screen transition time.

edit: Wait... 8 hours...? That... could be bad for your health... Unless you do it sparingly... Max I would go is 4 hours. More than that and you are pushing your luck...

~ SpoOkyMagician

Last edited: 13 February 2014 1:47am

"You don't have to understand me; I'm just there!" ~ SpoOkyMagician