Forums » StepMania Releases » Stepmania 5.0.9 Frame Skipping?

Ever since I upgraded to 5.0.9 I have been have a slight frames per second problem. Before I updated, I had 60-55 FPS. Now I get 60 FPS but with random jitters that can go down to 30 FPS and it really hurts my eyes and I can't see the notes so well. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a solution?
(・-・)
First things to try would be turning on Fast Note Rendering in the graphics options, then turn the bg brightness down to 0.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
I did try to use Fast Note Rendering but I didn't try turning the brightness down. Let me try that real quick.

Edit: It seems to have fixed the problem. I'm going to try to screw around with the settings a little bit so that it satisfies me because I enjoy seeing the backgrounds of songs.

Last edited: 26 June 2015 12:18am

(・-・)
I didn't really get it to work so well. I turned the brightness all the way down, lowered the resolution, the aspect ratio, everything and it still runs at most 40 FPS. I downgraded to 5.0.6 and I'll wait for a new Stepmania version and see if that fixes it. Thanks for helping, by the way.
(・-・)
I'm having a lot of issues that are similar to this with my PIU MK6 and the latest build from github. Still poking around to see if I can isolate the cause.
If you're talking about arrows not updating every frame, that's a technical issue that impacts every version of StepMania because of how it synchronizes to music.