Forums » StepMania Releases » SM5 Nightly Builds (are BACK as of 04/27/2016)

Greetings Windows-using key smashers and arrow stompers! Do you want bleeding edge stepmanias so that you can tell the developers of the engine that a thing does weird stuff on your particular build of Windows XP Service Pack 2, but compiling in CMake is a giant pain in your behind? Well, with this new old new technology, one of our users proudly presents the New™ Nightly Builds for Stepmania to accommodate the new build process for newer versions of Stepmania 5.

CYA NOTICE: THESE BUILDS ARE NOT SUPPORTED. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. IF YOU LOSE ANY DATA, THE DEVELOPERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE. SIDE EFFECTS MAY INCLUDE MILD HEADACHES, INSOMNIA, AND INTERNET RELAY CHAT.

If you want to proceed anyway, you can find the nightlies here to cut yourself on the bleeding edge today.

Last edited: 27 April 2016 5:44pm

Stickied (which triggered an interesting forum bug, too)

Also, does the forum reject your name? I think /// would be allowed.
I registered as /// but I just wanted to change my name up a bit.
Is current latest build at http://smnightly.katzepower.com/ is outdated compared to SM 5.0.5?
Yes. SM 5.0.5 is the state of the tree as of the morning of February 13, more or less, while the latest nightly is from January 27.
Yes. SM 5.0.5 is the state of the tree as of the morning of February 13, more or less, while the latest nightly is from January 27.
Thanks. :)
turns out dieKatze88 has updated the buildbot, which is very awesome of him to do.
///!

Work in Progress