Forums » Song Packs » Mister Green Bean's Anime, Vocaloid, and J-Pop Simfiles [NOW FOR KEYBOARD AND PAD] [SET 16 UPDATE]

First I wanted to say thanks for all the sim files! I am glad there are still active anime sim fans around. I will say though, for those of us who don't use bars to play, some of your Heavy level steps are incredibly difficult to meet and I consider myself pretty good and AA'ing most every 9 step song. I couldn't even last through the intro beats of Sugar Song Bitter Step without using a bar which made me a bit sad. Again though, thank you for the sim files!

Thanks for commenting! Yeah, I definitely see where you're coming from. If I may ask, since you're not using bars and thus I'm assuming you're using Battery mode, how many battery lives are you giving yourself? Just out of curiosity.

I usually play bar mode, but I can definitely say that some songs are far more difficult than others. Some of the 9's aren't even too bad by any stretch, but I do have a few songs that I struggle on, even though it was I who created the charts! For me, specifically, they're the middle part of Sweet Float Flats (Set 2), daze (Set 3), and Rising Hope (Set 6). Interestingly, I don't have too much problems with Sugar Song and Bitter Step; in fact, I've full combo'd it on a few occasions. My advice is to really get acquainted with the song, or even have it Autoplayed with clap on so that you can get a better idea of when everything is supposed to land. This is helpful as it also gives you a peek at the whole song, and I don't even believe that the intro to Sugar Song and Bitter Step is even the hardest part, a designation I think is well deserved by the bridge into the final part.

It's not out of the question for me to take some of the older songs to tweak their difficulties a bit. As it is right now I do like where everything is, but I might look back and think, hmm, maybe I should make X song easier, or Y song harder. Either way, thanks for the feedback and I'll be sure to take all that into consideration.

Production update: I have all the Hard difficulties for Sets 9 and 10 done, and I'm getting started on the Easy charts. Spoiler: after these two Sets, daze will not be the hardest song by numbers. dun dun DUUUUUN
By bar I meant a physical bar. I've never really messed around with Battery mode that much. I have messed around with doing the claps and what not just to make sure I wasn't getting off my internal beat. I also did try a couple times with no fail on just to see how crazy it got and knowing the song quite well, the bridge would/should be the most difficult part for sure.

Also don't go and change the difficulty for those of us who can't beat it and whine about it like myself! That just means I have to get better. Or I could always go and edit your sim a bit to cater more towards my level ;)

Again thank you for the sim files and the dedication to bringing some new anime's to DDR!
By bar I meant a physical bar. I've never really messed around with Battery mode that much. I have messed around with doing the claps and what not just to make sure I wasn't getting off my internal beat. I also did try a couple times with no fail on just to see how crazy it got and knowing the song quite well, the bridge would/should be the most difficult part for sure.

Also don't go and change the difficulty for those of us who can't beat it and whine about it like myself! That just means I have to get better. Or I could always go and edit your sim a bit to cater more towards my level ;)

Again thank you for the sim files and the dedication to bringing some new anime's to DDR!

True, true. I mean, that is what the Edit mode is for, haha. Thanks for the kind words!
After a lot of work, Sets 9 and 10 are up! These two Sets were a pleasure to make, and I think these two will pose an interesting challenge.

A brief rundown of updates:
- Sets 9 and 10 are up! (Obviously!)

- Set 1:
- - 001. Orange
- - - Fixed singer name. Whoops!

- Set 4:
- - 019. Umbrella
- - - Minor note changes

- Set 7:
- - 034. Before Lucky Luciano Shoots Me
- - - Major note/rhythm changes
- - - Hard level difficulty change: 9.39 -> 9.41

- The download links to the following Sets have been re-set: Set 1, Set 4, Set 7, Set 9, Set 10

I really wanted to get Set 10 out before my summer vacation ended, so I'm a little beat. Set 11 will come a little later as I'm going to be taking my time with this next Set. Plus I'm starting school in less than 2 weeks, so I don't think I could get Set 11 out that quickly, even if I tried! Don't fret, though, I'll keep things posted as things come up. Besides, these two new Sets should keep you guys busy. ;P

Finally, I'm thinking of adding courses soon. This does mandate that all the newest versions of Sets be downloaded, so I'd keep up to date if you want to play courses.

Last edited: 9 August 2015 11:56am

Hey, remember when I said I wouldn't have Set 11 up for a while? I LIED! Set 11 is up now! I updated a lot of the old Easy and Medium levels (I feel like I've neglected them a bit, oops...) so there's a huge changelog this time.

Set 11 Changelog

- Major Changes
- - Added Set 11
- - Added Top 10 Difficulty Courses for all three difficulty levels
- - Song names restructured
- - Difficulty rankings added as a separate document

- Song Changes
- - 001. Orange
- - - Easy: Altered notes to better reflect the "Easy" difficulty (Difficulty: 4.06 -> 4.22)
- - - Medium: Altered notes to better reflect the "Medium" difficulty (Difficulty: 6.18 -> 6.51)
- - 002. Forcefully my Yeah
- - - Easy: Altered notes to better reflect the "Easy" difficulty (Difficulty: 4.51 -> 4.64)
- - - Medium: Altered notes to better reflect the "Medium" difficulty (Difficulty: 7.07 -> 7.34)
- - 003. Spice!
- - - Easy: Corrected rhythmic errors, altered notes to better reflect the "Easy" difficulty (Difficulty: 3.97 -> 3.81)
- - - Medium: Altered notes to better reflect the "Medium" difficulty (Difficulty: 5.81 -> 6.20)
- - 004. Mr.S, The Best Worst Man
- - - Title bug fix
- - - Easy: Altered notes to better reflect the "Easy" difficulty (Difficulty: 6.00 -> 5.55)
- - 005. Your Voice and a Summer's Day
- - - Easy: Altered notes to better reflect the "Easy" difficulty
- - - Medium: Altered notes to better reflect the "Medium" difficulty (Difficulty: 5.41 -> 5.72)
- - 006. Daydream Cafe
- - - Easy: Altered notes to better reflect the "Easy" difficulty (Difficulty: 4.30 -> 4.46)
- - - Medium: Altered notes to better reflect the "Medium" difficulty (Difficulty: 6.66 -> 6.82)
- - 008. Love is Milk Tea
- - - Easy: Altered notes to better reflect the "Easy" difficulty (Difficulty: 3.96 -> 4.00)
- - - Medium: Altered notes to better reflect the "Medium" difficulty (Difficulty: 6.05 -> 6.38)
- - 009. Bittersweet
- - - Easy: Altered notes to better reflect the "Easy" difficulty (Difficulty: 4.12 -> 3.94)
- - - Medium: Altered notes to better reflect the "Medium" difficulty (Difficulty: 6.06 -> 6.30)
- - 010. Sweet Float Flats
- - - Easy: Minor note changes throughout (Difficulty: 4.35 -> 4.36)
- - - Medium: Altered notes to better reflect the "Medium" difficulty (Difficulty: 6.22 -> 6.26)
- - 011. Half Step
- - - Easy: Altered notes to better reflect the "Easy" difficulty (Difficulty: 4.99 -> 4.62)
- - - Medium: Altered notes to better reflect the "Medium" difficulty (Difficulty: 6.67 -> 6.73)
- - 012. ONE
- - - Easy: Altered notes to better reflect the "Easy" difficulty (Difficulty: 3.94 -> 4.00)
- - - Medium: Altered notes to better reflect the "Medium" difficulty (Difficulty: 5.81 -> 5.89)
- - 013. Remote Control
- - 014. daze
- - - Easy: Altered notes to better reflect the "Easy" difficulty (Difficulty: 5.97 -> 5.78)
- - 015. You + Riddles + Me = JUMP!
- - - Easy: Altered notes to better reflect the "Easy" difficulty (Difficulty: 5.10 -> 4.84)
- - - Medium: Minor note changes (Difficulty: 7.07 -> 7.09)
- - 016. ZZZ
- - - Easy: Altered notes to better reflect the "Easy" difficulty (Difficulty: 4.03 -> 4.30)
- - 017. Meltdown
- - - Medium: Altered notes to better reflect the "Medium" difficulty (Difficulty: 6.10 -> 6.19)
- - 018. Bloom in a Fleeting Dream World
- - - Easy: Altered notes to better reflect the "Easy" difficulty (Difficulty: 4.42 -> 4.62)
- - 019. Umbrella
- - - Easy: Altered notes to better reflect the "Easy" difficulty (Difficulty: 5.13 -> 4.97)
- - - Medium: Minor note changes
- - 020. Flowers Dancing ABCDE
- - - Easy: Removed accidental hand, altered notes to better reflect the "Easy" difficulty (Difficulty: 5.32 -> 5.27)
- - - Medium: Altered notes to better reflect the "Medium" difficulty (Difficulty: 6.75 -> 6.82)
- - 021. Connect
- - - Easy: Altered notes to better reflect the "Easy" difficulty (Difficulty: 4.96 -> 4.95)
- - - Medium: Minor note changes
- - 022. I'm Sorry, I'm Sorry
- - - Easy: Minor note changes throughout
- - 023. Darling
- - - Easy: Altered notes to better reflect the "Easy" difficulty (Difficulty: 5.03 -> 5.00)
- - 024. Raspberry Heaven
- - - Medium: Minor note changes throughout (Difficulty: 6.51 -> 6.53)
- - 025. RED Love
- - - Easy: Minor note changes throughout
- - 026. Puzzle
- - - Easy: Altered notes to better reflect the "Easy" difficulty (Difficulty: 4.56 -> 4.61)
- - 029. Electric Angel
- - - Easy: Minor note changes throughout (Difficulty: 4.88 -> 4.91)
- - 030. Rising Hope
- - - Easy: Minor note changes throughout (Difficulty: 5.36 -> 5.43)
- - 033. Miracle Paint
- - - Easy: Slight note alteration
- - 036. Desire Express
- - - Hard: Removed odd note at beat 0 (not sure if that was always there), note changes at intro and after first chorus (Difficulty 8.99 -> 8.97)
- - 050. Best Best Friend
- - - Hard: Minor note changes throughout (Difficulty: 10.07 -> 10.06)

Less than ten days between major updates!? This must be some kind of new record!

Much shorter changelog this time around:

- Major Changes
- - Set 12 added
- - Difficulty Rankings updated
- - Top 10 Difficulty Courses updated

- Song Changes
- - 052. Flying Get
- - - Hard: Minor note changes

Last edited: 29 August 2015 1:20am

Is it just on my end or are all of the archives corrupted?
I tried downloading everything and testing them, I didn't encounter any errors. Can you describe the error message you're getting?