this is an accurate simulation of ddr extreme arcade, based on stepmania, which is unpack and run (everything included. songs, bg videos, etc). it is a 650 MB download. This is also worth considering for anyone who wants/needs an instant, good looking, dance game/simulation, with minimal hassle.
direct download url:
a minor update with some "bug fixes":
- i forgot to include the 2 patches for the lightsmanager code
- the BPM for "celebrate" should be 134, not 133.
- SKY high: complaint about bad sync at the begin (it's a bad cut in the original ddr song), fixed
- GET UP'N MOVE: the wrong song was included (from the solo version)
- Aoi Shoudou stepchart (from ddruk) had a wrong arrow
- "love shine" banner erroneously had odd height so it could look blurry.
- ending of HVAM should be after the music ends, not the last note.
- in the unlock screen, where it should say "12" it said "13"
- when you start a game it should say "Let's Dee Dee Are!", nothing else.
unpack this over the beware extreme tree, overwriting files. then run the update batch file/script.
- Konami, for DDR.
- The Stepmania developers, for Stepmania.
- DDRUK for their song packs.
- SSGotenksUFO, T_Bone_X_Zeo, Amy, for lossless song rips
- ollec2004, Saotome2U, MagmarioX, Amy, and others for background videos.
- katze for his extreme announcer.
- AJ187 for extreme arcade ripped graphics
I have changed about every single aspect of the Stepmania setup:
- Stepmania code: lots of changes to the source code.
- Theme: made from scratch, using ripped graphics and metrics based on own observation.
- Noteskin: created beware extreme noteskin.
- Background videos: collected videos from various sources, encoded missing ones, and renamed (created beware BG videos 2005 pack).
- Background scripts: collected or made a script for all 240 songs.
- Songs/stepfiles: fixed some small errors in ddruk's stepfiles. Replaced all mp3's
with oggs encoded (with aoTuV b5) from mostly lossless sources.
- Pad/cabinet lights:like DDR Extreme arcade.
- The exact same (240) songs as the DDR Extreme Arcade.
- The size has been reduced by removing unnessesary things. It now fits neatly on a standard 80-minute CD-R.
- Credits indicators: original SM behavior in "home" mode. In free play and pay mode, they show all the time, as in ddr. "Event mode" text shows in the middle.
- Arcade style event mode option added. Among other things, automatically toggles some SM settings to the right setting for event mode on or off.
- Freeze jumps now count as one OK, not 2.
- Scoring is exactly like DDR Extreme arcade.
- Judge window times: I saw in a video that the boo window appears to be ~0.16 secs (the delay before a miss appears). The actual timing is between "theory 1" and "theory 2". The "PERFECT" window is 33ms.
- Extra stage and one more extra stage are like DDR Extreme - same song, same mods.
- All music wheel entries for songs, groups, ABC sort, and random/roulette show the ripped graphics images.
- By default, the beginner helpers show, but dancing characters don't. It's also possible to disable or enable both.
Ranking songs/courses, highscores:
- The correct courses and ranking are shown in the highscore screen (pop4, naoki neo standard, dancemania oni).
- Highscore screens have exact layout.
- Separate pad and character animations.
- Player 1 shows konsento (robot), player 2 shows zukin (girl).
- In "Double" mode, beginner difficulty cannot be chosen.
- BPM has scrolling animation.
- The same sort modes and lists as the arcade (default list of songs, groups, ABC sort, etc), graphics look accurately like ddr.
- The same "codes" for mods as in DDR Extreme.
- Feet/difficulty look correct.
- Shows the option icons.
- Shows the difficulty icons.
- Exactly the same options and same layout/fonts as the arcade.
- The highlight bars look correct (green for p1, brown for p2).
- Graphical option icons.
- Note colors should be exactly the same as the arcade (based on ex cs jp emulator screenshots).
- White "explosions" for "Marvelous" accurate steps, even if "Marvelous" is not used.
- The timing of the white things on the arrows, and the receptor arrows, is correct.
Gameplay oni screen:
- Red flashing life/score areas if you lose lives.
- Dance points indicator animates when stepping on arrows.
- Correct fonts and layout for everything.
- Max combo flashes if full combo. Oni "stages" flashes if all cleared.
- The percentage bar in oni mode works.
- Exact grades settle animation.