to fix the upside down groove radar, delete the Cache folder
StepMania 3.9 Plus is an enhanced build of StepMania 3.9 that includes a number of new features:
- Modifier Mines (from Mungyodance 2)
- Niceties from SM4 (wrap-around scrolling in edit menu)
- and tons more, see the old thread for a complete list.
The once-official site is now down:
So AJ has rehosted some of the files here:
Windows Binary - http://sm.ajworld.net/bin/3.9+_redux_Win.zip
Source Code - http://sm.ajworld.net/src/3.9+_redux.zip
(Linux version isn't available yet, but you could always try building from source, then taking the theme/noteskin/whatever files from the Windows binary.)
1) Get a copy of vanilla 3.9 from SourceForge and install it.
2) Extract the 3.9 Plus archive over this directory. When asked to replace files, say yes.
NOTICE: THE 3.9 PLUS DEVELOPMENT TEAM IS NOT WORKING ON IMPLEMENTING ACCURATE PUMP HOLDS ANYMORE, PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AND OURS BY ASKING ABOUT THEM.
Apparently zmey's Pumpmania implements accurate Pump holds, and that build is also based on 3.9.
Also, 3.9 PLUS IS NOT STRICTLY ABOUT PUMP IT UP, so please don't waste your time and ours asking about very small things that are Pump-specific.
3.9+ is FINAL at this time, so new feature requests will have to be taken up by a fork (if they haven't been done so already). I highly suggest starting from Redux if possible.