Forums » News » StepMania 5 beta 3 released

About the editor, I think you should be able to have a wider variety of notes on the beggining, like, have 18ths and 10ths or something like that. Plus, I don't think having 192nds is really necessary aswell, but that's probably only me.
(hint: 192nd notes can be used for 10ths and 18th notes)

Work in Progress
I assume it'd take much longer than simply adding the 10ths/18ths though, right?

Last edited: 21 April 2014 1:14pm

If you think you're using 10th or 18th notes, or any other quantization that is not a factor of 192, you are decieving yourself and wasting your time.
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
I assume it'd take much longer than simply adding the 10ths/18ths though, right?

You would be right

The amount of simfiles I've seen that actually use 10ths or 18ths notes is pretty stupidly small; I don't really see the need for them in edit mode besides those really rare instances.

Work in Progress
You would be right
The amount of simfiles I've seen that actually use 10ths or 18ths notes is pretty stupidly small; I don't really see the need for them in edit mode besides those really rare instances.

It's also not worth it because with the notes being rounded to the nearest 192nd, at 100 bpm, they can't be off by more than 6.25ms. That's for a 384th, precisely between two 192nds. At a more common speed like 140 bpm, a 384th rounded to a 192nd would be off by 4.46ms.
The gain for adding 5 as a factor of the notes per beat is just not worth caring about.

Oh, and earlier, I was thinking of people who edit the simfile to have only 10 or 18 rows in a measure. Doing so is a complete self-deception and waste of time.

Last edited: 21 April 2014 3:05pm

< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
The themes doesn't work in this version :'/
there is a thing that I used a lot on stepmania 3.xx .
The top 50 songs played.

Can't find it on Stepmania 5 is that normal? (I use cyberia style 8 theme)