Forums » Input, Adapters & Controllers » Find Dance pad in Europe

Hi,

I'am French and I have 2 Cobalt flux dance pads but... They are crap...

After 2/3 years of stepmania on them (and a lots of maintenance on it) I can't stand them anymore.
They are not responsive anymore (even if I clean them)

So altough you have some good advices for me to give them a second life I think it's time to change.

I was going to buy an Omega GX pad but... 300$ ok... 150$ for shipping in france...nope I will not pay 450$
So do you have any ideas where I can find a good dance pad for a good price ?

Thank you :)
the pad market in EU last I heard is practically dead (well then again it's dead everywhere now in retrospect :/), I can only really suggest looking on eBay/amazon/etc. for used stuff there and get lucky.

Work in Progress
Hey, I'm the product design engineer for precisiondancepads.

We have an ITGX Simply Love Cool (cosmetically flawed) brand new. We had an order slip on it and it left residue and we learned the hard way that Goof Off doesn't like lexan so under the SELECT button is a white cloudy haze. It can go for $350 international. It weighs 22lbs and is on MDF with a rubber grip on the bottom, USB control box and rug grip. Pad weighs about 22lbs, shipped about 25lbs.

Also have an old BLACK skin GX pad with a single coroplast base. It would require a separate base under it in order to not warp. It can go to for $300 (maybe less depending on shipping) with a USB control box and rug grip. It is not new it is a refurbished pad. Weighs just 6lbs, about 9lbs shipped.

Shipping costs are very high internationally due to the size of the package...

Those are the ONLY TWO discount pads I have available, we can send pictures, our e-mail address is on our website you'd have to e-mail so we could send an invoice.

- Jeremiah
http://www.maty-taneczne.pl/?zobacz=produkty&id_kat=1

Located in Poland. Obviously better choice than getting pads from other continent.
http://www.maty-taneczne.pl/?zobacz=produkty&id_kat=1

Located in Poland. Obviously better choice than getting pads from other continent.

How are they obviously better pads?

CF's have a good reputation although they are a maintenance nightmare.

I see almost no information or videos about those pads, what makes them better and is there any proof?
Hi
I dit not received a mail to tell me that someone post à reply
I could be interested
Iam not home for now i'll send à mail in few hours
I see almost no information or videos about those pads, what makes them better and is there any proof?
I said that it's better choice because it's on the same continent, shipment from Poland to France is much cheaper not to mention price of the pad. I'm not denying anything about your pads as I never played on them.

The no information bit comes from them not having any aggresive marketing - guy is making those pads just as hobby. He uses tools that he uses in his work (for example lasers to cut out the pieces, CNC mill etc.), he is professional in what he is doing.

About how the pads play, on 4 year old pad I have scores of this proportion http://www.stepmania.com/forums/scores/show/43?start=8#post1378 . I also have screenshot from exact same pad (it's my personal one) from 2010-10-25.

Did Delirium [12] full combo on it too. Hardest song I passed on it? The Shining Polaris (kors k Mix) - [Cosmic Pope] from SSSC2. The pad also has exceptional durability as it has been laying in my basement (which is little moist). Also, here it goes, I am NOT AFFILATED IN ANY WAY with the producer of those pads. I just love them, I'm happy user that's why I'm recommending them. I have absolutely nothing from doing this.

Last edited: 25 April 2014 2:13pm

I said that it's better choice because it's on the same continent, shipment from Poland to France is much cheaper not to mention price of the pad. I'm not denying anything about your pads as I never played on them.

The no information bit comes from them not having any aggresive marketing - guy is making those pads just as hobby. He uses tools that he uses in his work (for example lasers to cut out the pieces, CNC mill etc.), he is professional in what he is doing.

About how the pads play, on 4 year old pad I have scores of this proportion http://www.stepmania.com/forums/scores/show/43?start=8#post1378 . I also have screenshot from exact same pad (it's my personal one) from 2010-10-25.

Did Delirium [12] full combo on it too. Hardest song I passed on it? The Shining Polaris (kors k Mix) - [Cosmic Pope] from SSSC2. The pad also has exceptional durability as it has been laying in my basement (which is little moist). Also, here it goes, I am NOT AFFILATED IN ANY WAY with the producer of those pads. I just love them, I'm happy user that's why I'm recommending them. I have absolutely nothing from doing this.

I just meant those vs. Cobalt Flux pads as that is what the person has currently. I also haven't marketed our pads yet, but I plan to go toe-to-toe with China very soon and get a warehouse for increased manufacturing. Thanks for the reply though, I trust your opinion due to many of your bad-ass simfiles you've created, you clearly love the game Lisek!!

I honestly didn't know those pads last 4 years or could handle 12-footers, but CF pads also last about 2-4 years and can handle up to 13s. It would be great to have a side-by-side comparison. Our pads should last forever and so far the hardest song someone has passed that I am aware of is a 17, but I don't think that is a limit. Our claim to fame is that the pads require no maintenance, do not degrade, are extremely sensitive, and very customizable. Honestly I wish I had one of those pads to try out and I'd also like to have one of those iDance pads.