Forums » Input, Adapters & Controllers » Away from scene 7+ years, CF help

Hello,
I've decided to try to get back into the hobby. I used to do Stepmania for exercise
and would like to start back up. I have 2 cobalt Flux pads and the old EMS USB adapters.
Briefly fooling around I cannot get it to work on my Windows 7 64bit system. Googling
only found some highly technical work a rounds I'd rather not try. Not very technically adept.

So a couple of questions...
What are my options?
Are there newer CF adapters to get? (I'm assuming my pads are still functional, they have been stored in clean dry areas over the years)
I see the Precision Dance Pads, how do they compare to the CF's? i already have $600 tied up in the CF pads, is it worth $300 to switch?
(I only need one pad now)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
LB
PDP actually sells replacement CF control boxes that you can connect directly to USB without needing an adapter.
http://www.precisiondancepads.com/index.php?id_category=8&controller=category&id_lang=1
< cybik> til Kyzentun fixes bugs for breakfast
--
< maxvg1> shakesoda: then why do i still play lol
<@shakesoda> because you're an ITG player. And thus, a masochist
--
<@shakesoda> Kyzentun: I think you might need to put down the meshes for a bit
Thanks!

I did see that. I emailed them some further questions but I'll ask here if any knows.

So this will bypass the PS to USB rigamarole?
Would this work with Windows 7 (64 bit) and stepmania 5?

Thanks
StepMania 5 supports most USB input devices, and seeing as this is designed to be used with StepMania, it should work.

Yes, it will be a lot simpler than dealing with EMS USB adapters.
I meant to tell you that I believe most of the metal pads all came from the same factory in China and should match up just right. You may want to e-mail them and ask, or try and find the exact pinout of both pads to see if they match, or just buy it anyways because it will probably work. I was afraid though that I may be wrong. You can also try to build your own control box.
We are the pioneers in providing Testking itil pdf dumps and Testking cissp practice questions with exam pass guarantee. Download our latest testkingccie sckans questions to pass real exam of mcitp training in www.muih.edu

Last edited: 13 March 2015 10:35pm